Seva: Means service in the Sanskrit Language of India. Service to others is known to be one of the essential keys to a happy life and harmonious community.
Many of you who have experienced the magic of Lotus Bend have inquired how you can be a part of the community and help grow and expand our plans and vision. As a response, we have created “Seva Saturdays”, an opportunity to commune with the land, one another and be a part of the Lotus Bend family participating in creating this sanctuary to serve our Austin community.
We have a number of community oriented projects just getting underway and in the planing phases:
- The Sri Yantra floor mandala
- ‘Big Buddha’ project
- Katherine’s Garden – dedicated to Mothers and the Feminine
- Meditation trail- prayer hut meditation ridge for quiet contemplation
- Sweat Lodge – Reorientation of the sweat lodge
- The Labyrinth- meditation circle
- Painting, maintenance & general service
- and many more…
We will start with a brief sitting meditation, work on some of these fun projects, then share discussion and some food together.
Check our calendar to learn when the next Seva opportunity is scheduled: https://www.lotusbend.net/em-calendar/
If you have an interest in helping please contact: